Kids are not small adults. Kids are kids. They have different cardiovascular, nervous systems, etc. Their bodies function at a very different level than that of an adult. This is why it is critical to have a pediatrician that specializes in how a child's body works and knows what to do when your child's body is not working the way it should. The benefits to your child of seeing a doctor who specializes in children, and can follow them throughout their growth and development are innumerable. If you are looking for a pediatrician in West Jordan, UT, you've come to the right place. Our providers here at Southwest Children's Clinic are all experienced pediatric specialists and will make your child feel comfortable and safe while in their care.
What are some reasons that having a pediatrician is so important for my child?
- Familiarity with their development and growth: The medical needs of children are very different from yours. When they regularly see a trusted pediatrician in West Jordan, UT, their doctor can track their growth and check to ensure that they are reaching appropriate developmental milestones. And they will know what to do when milestones are not met.
- Continuity: As your child grows up, it is a good idea to regularly visit a pediatric medical practice that knows your child's specific history and will therefore be better equipped to address any issues that may arise.
- Treatment of childhood illness: A child can have illnesses that an adult would not, and vice versa. A pediatrician is highly educated and trained in illnesses and other conditions that may affect children. Along with the treatment of illness, they are well-versed in preventive care, such as vaccines that are required at different ages.
- Kid-friendly surroundings: Visiting our clinic will be unlike the sterile clinics that you may be used to going to as an adult. Our office will put your child at ease, as they are probably feeling anxious about having to see the doctor. Our waiting room is equipped with a large fish tank, books, and a TV!
- Support for mental health issues: The times we are living in are taking a toll on the mental health of children in a big way. When a child is struggling with depression or anxiety, they might not always want to tell their parents or caregivers. Pediatric specialists are trained to recognize mental health struggles and ask appropriate questions that may get them talking. If your kids have someone that they trust and feel safe with, besides their parents, it can make a world of difference in a child's life.
When your child is sick or acting inappropriately, remember that your child is not giving you a hard time, they are having a hard time. Contact Southwest Children's Clinic to schedule an appointment with a pediatrician in West Jordan, UT by calling (801) 563-1975.