How your pediatricians in West Jordan, UT, can keep your child healthy
You want the best for your baby, and that means you need to seek out the best medical care for your child too. Pediatricians are specialists in children's medical care. They have expertise in treating illnesses and diseases common in children.
The pediatricians of Southwest Children's Clinic in West Jordan, UT, offer comprehensive medical services for children and they can help your child stay healthy too.
Pediatricians perform routine services including:
- School physicals to make sure your child is healthy before attending school
- Sports physicals to make sure your child has no medical issues before playing a sport
- Treatment of acute illnesses such as a cold, fever, the flu, and others
- Treatment of acute infections such as ear infections or strep throat
- Emergency and after-hours care to provide services right when you need them
Another important service your pediatrician can provide is helping your child with required and recommended immunizations. Immunizations are required to attend daycare and school. Your pediatrician can help your child remain current with immunizations.
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recommends these vaccinations from birth to age 18:
- (Hep B) Hepatitis B
- (Dtap) Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis
- (Hib) Haemophilus influenza type B
- (IPV) Polio
- (PCV13) Pneumococcal conjugate
- (RV) Rotavirus
- (MMR) Measles, mumps, rubella
- (Varicella) Chickenpox
- (HepA) Hepatitis A
- (HPV) Human papillomavirus
- (MCV4) Meningococcal conjugate
- (Influenza) Flu
When you bring your child to visit a pediatrician, your child will enter a warm, welcoming, kid-friendly environment, not a sterile, cold medical facility. Your child's comfort is important, especially when it comes to medical care.
Your child will also get to know the pediatrician and pediatric medical staff, developing a bond of trust. This bond of trust makes future appointments easy and productive for your child.
To learn more about the benefits of visiting a pediatrician, talk with the experts by calling the pediatricians of Southwest Children's Clinic in West Jordan, UT, at (801) 563-1975. Call now!