When your child isn’t feeling well it’s important to know where to turn.
It’s important that all children visit their pediatrician regularly for well-child visits. These visits allow our team to be able to monitor growth and development and pinpoint health concerns so that your little one gets the immediate treatment and care they need. Of course, even with the best practices in place, your child can still fall ill. When this happens, it can provide you with great peace of mind knowing that you can simply turn to our West Jordan, UT, pediatricians for sick child visits.
When should you schedule a sick visit for your child?
Here at Southwest Children’s Clinic in West Jordan, UT, we provide same-day sick visits for little ones that may be dealing with more pressing health problems. While we can also schedule an appointment for the next day, your child may benefit from a same-day appointment with us if they are dealing with:
- Abdominal pain
- Asthma and issues breathing
- Vomiting or diarrhea that lasts for more than two days
- A fever that lasts a couple of days
- A painful or large rash
- Health problems that require a fast diagnosis
- Diabetes and issues with their blood sugar levels
- Infected stitches
- Sutures that need to be removed
When should you bring your child to the ER?
Sometimes your child’s illness or symptoms warrant a trip to the emergency room rather than your traditional pediatrician’s office and it’s important to recognize the difference. It’s maybe best to head to the ER if your child is dealing with more serious issues such as:
- A head injury
- Hives and signs of an allergic reaction
- Severe abdominal pain, particularly on the right side (this could be a sign of appendicitis)
- Loss of consciousness
- Fever over 102 degrees
- Trouble breathing
- Signs of dehydration
- Open wounds and cuts that require sutures
If your child is running a fever, dealing with a stomach bug, or an ear infection, we know just how important it is to see a pediatrician right away for a sick child visit. Call Southwest Children’s Clinic in West Jordan, UT, today at (801) 563-1975 to book an appointment.